EDIT AND DELETE ALERTS
Users can't add alerts in the Alerts screen. They're added by a program that runs at night.
- Click the Utilities icon in the main menu then Alerts.
- Follow the instructions in the Add, Edit and Delete section of the help overview to edit and delete alerts.
ADD AN ITEM ALERT IN THE ITEMS SCREEN
Item alerts, which trip when the date you specify is reached, can be used for vehicle registrations, warranty expirations, calibration schedules, etc.
An item can have just one item alert. If you need more and don't have the Tracker repair and maintenance module, you can use user-defined fields and
searches to simulate alerts, but they won't be automatic: you have to run the search. If you have the Tracker repair and maintenance module, each item can have
as many maintenance types as you like, each of which will trip a maintenance due alert.
- If you want to send email(s) when item alerts trip, your organization manager needs to check Email upon item alert in the Preferences screen
- If you can edit in the Items screen, you can add and edit item alerts. Click the Data icon in the
main menu then Items.
- If alerts aren't displayed in the Items grid, click Views then Lists alerts rates.
the Tools icon in the
- Follow the instructions in the Add, Edit and Delete section of the help overview to edit and save alerts using these fields:
- (Items grid) ALERT DATE. The alert's due date.
- (Items grid) ALERT WARNING. The number of days before the due date you want the alert to trip. If you want the alert to trip on its due date, leave
this blank or enter zero.
- (Items grid) ALERT EMAILS. If you want to send email(s) when an item alert trips, select one or more Tracker users from this list (select more than one
using the standard techniques for your device, for example, in Windows, click one user then hold down the Ctrl key and click a second user).
- (Items grid) ALERT MESSAGE. The MESSAGE you see in the Alerts screen will automatically be included in alert emails. Type anything you want added to that here.
SEND EMAIL WHEN ITEM, MAINTENANCE DUE and ORDER POINT ALERTS TRIP
- Only organization managers can see and edit notification preferences. Click the Utilities icon in the main
menu, Preferences then the Notifications tab.
- Check the options (listed below) that interest you. If an option includes a list of Tracker users, select one or more using the standard
techniques for your device, for example, in Windows, click one user then hold down the Ctrl key and click a second user.
- Email upon item alert. The alert date, message and email addresses are entered in the Items screen.
- Email the users selected below upon maintenance due alert.
- Email the users selected below when an order point is reached.
You can hide alerts, but hidden alerts are still in the list. To remove them entirely, delete them.
- Edit the alert you want to hide by checking the box in its HIDE field.
- Click Hide.
the Search icon in the grid menu then
- Make Hide your default search if you want the Alerts screen to appear, when you first open it, with hidden alerts not listed.